Tried The Black Hole? Now Make Resume Get You to Interview Faster

Very Cool
Informative
100%
ETP Chief Operations Officer, Carl E. Reid,
ETP Founder, Rod Colon, ETP Member and
Brooklyn Tabernacle Pastor, Daniel Arbeeny
People came from as far away as Virginia and Philadelphia to attend a very interactive Career Seminar hosted by The Brooklyn Tabernacle. With an opening prayer by Pastor Brian Pettrey and much audience participation, almost 250 attendees listened intently to Empowering Today’s Professionals (ETP) Founder, Rod Colon teach the 7 Step Job Search process.

Rod explained “this methodology has inspired thousands of people to safely land jobs in 4 to 8 weeks, on average. To succeed you must have a very focused daily commitment, if you are really serious about your job search. Otherwise, your job search is just a hobby”.

After weeks of planning and coordination, this career seminar became a reality through the dedicated efforts of ETP members Phyllis M. Shelton, Anthony Tony Colon and especially Daniel Arbeeny. Many thanks to an awesome team effort, which may be the start of a career ministry in the making.

Macy’s Chief Private Brands Officer, Tim Adams eloquently set the stage for this 3 hour training session. Tim explained “the job seeker attitude and employer value systems must be aligned for an effective job search to be fruitful in being hired“.

ETP Chief Operations Officer, Carl E. Reid stated “The ah ha moments experienced by the attendees was priceless to see on their faces, as they learned a proven way to compete in today’s job market“.

Rod Colon stated, “most job search approaches use ineffective 20th century techniques in a very different 21st century jobscape“. Rod repeatedly emphasized the secret to success in employing the 7 Step Job Search is based on becoming comfortable in being uncomfortable, as the CEO of ME, Inc. running your career as a business.

Macy’s Human Resources representatives shared currently job openings during and after the seminar. Rod Colon also did autograph signings for his book, Win The Race For 21st Century Jobs.

From this high energy seminar, follow up career management and resume review coaching sessions have been scheduled at The Brooklyn Tabernacle.

For a limited time you can submit a complimentary (free) application for Basic Membership with Empowering Today’s Professionals. If time is critical, save time with Professional Membership as the recommended level PROVEN to get INTERVIEWS quicker.

23 Comments
Leave a response
  • Anonymous
    July 1, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Rod Colon is great career coach who provides excellent guidance on empowering individuals to becoming the CEO of their lives. I was very impressed with his seminar at the Brooklyn Tebernacle on 06/30/2012. Thank you and keep up the great job.

-Nadya Mingo

• July 1, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Rod Colon is an expert when it comes to motivational speaking,I was highly impressed with the energy he brought to the room.With his professionalism your success is guaranteed.

Chris Olusanya

• July 1, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Rod Colon is a great motivional speaker and is very personal and honest with what he was speaking about, career choices. I was so priviledged to see him at a Career Fair at the Brooklyn Tabernacle this saturday on June 30, 2012 at 11 a.m. The church hired him to come and that was a great investment for my career and focus on the important things in life and how I should be more responsible for my career and life.

It was very informative and I heard many details about what I should and should not do, it was very fun and educational. I would say he has great potiential to change the lives of those who listen and take his advice and he brings people to look at their personal value.

Sincerely,
    Georgette Whiteside

• July 2, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I recently had the transformative experience of participating in a workshop Rod offered at the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I walked into the career seminar expecting to hear pretty much what I’ve heard over the years, but with the 21st century spin. I walked out feeling energized more than ever about how to navigate one’s career in the 21st century. I believe I now have the tools to reinvent my career and I’m motivated more than ever to do so. Thank you Rod and may you continue to touch others’ lives like you’ve touched mine!

-Alakesha Murray

• July 2, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I attended a seminar, where Rod provided a wealth of practical information about the 21st century job search process. His insights and practical demonstrations were invaluable. He successfully created networking opportunities at the event, and several real time connections were made, even before the event ended. His command of the content and presentation style made it a GREAT experience. If you need someone to help you move from where you are professionally, to where you want to be, have a conversation with Rod and let him help you get out of your own way.

• July 2, 2012 at 12:58 pm

The leadership of The Brooklyn Tabernacle hosted a Career Fair for its members and hired Rod to speak to the participants about managing their career. As an HR Professional, I thought the 3 hour session to be very informative, interactive, practical and in line with my HR Professional perspectives. If participants follow the advice provided, I am sure they will experience positive changes in their career path.

• July 3, 2012 at 1:19 am

Rod was the guest career coach at the Brooklyn Tabernacle, the church I attend. Without reservation, I can definitely say that Rod has a vast knowledge about careers and portrayed immense wisdom on what to do to make your career situation work for you. I can’t wait to start reading his book!

• July 3, 2012 at 1:22 am

Thank you for giving such great advice at the fair and inspiring us to be tenacious with our job searches.

• July 3, 2012 at 1:24 am

I would like to take this time to thank you for all the information you provided me with on Saturday, along with your offer to assist me in landing a new job.

• Rosalinda Roy
    July 3, 2012 at 1:27 am

I attended the seminar at the Brooklyn Tabernacle last Saturday, and I’d like to thank you again for introducing a new approach to us, job-hunters.

• Melissa Leonidas
    July 3, 2012 at 1:43 am

Thank you for coming to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I received a great deal of information and I’m hoping by the time I graduate I get the job I am looking for by God’s grace.

• Barbara Ray Francis
    July 3, 2012 at 2:14 am

Thank you for presenting the best employment workshop ever. In addition to Tim Adams, a number of other attendees approached me regarding piano instruction. Many thanks to you for the connections. I have begun to set up a profile on Linked-In.

• Yvonne Brathwaite
    July 3, 2012 at 3:10 am

I attended the Brooklyn Tabernacle Career Seminar. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your expertise with us. I learned more in this seminar than in all of my years of career training.

• July 3, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Mr. Colon gives very informative information. He teaches 7 key steps to finding employment which helps out a lot. His enthusiasm is refreshing and inspiring. I 100% recommend Mr. Rod Colon.

• July 3, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Hello Mr. Colon,

Thank you for a very productive meeting this past Saturday and thank you for your time afterwards.

• July 4, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I attended a career seminar that Rod headlined at the Brooklyn Tabernacle Church. Rod spoke not only with knowledge, but with passion for what he does. He was completely devoted to getting citizens like me on the right path back to work. Throughout the seminar Rod built confidence in everyone that attended, and gave clarity to the walls that blocked our success. Rod’s 7 Steps to Success reconstructed the way I approach my job searching process, and redirected my intial focus. I would recommend Rod to everyone who is seeking success!

• July 5, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I attended a seminar that Rod hosted at the Brooklyn Tabernacle. His advice was invaluable, and his passion and his expansive knowledge base was evident from the hour that he spoke. He has something to teach everyone. I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants to improve their networking skills, anyone who is currently employed and wants to learn how to better manage their career or anyone who is unemployed and looking for work. Rod sets the bar high in excellence.

• July 5, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Rod Colon conducted a career seminar on the topic of ‘Owning Your Career’ at Brooklyn Tabernacle Church. I attended the seminar and it was an amazing experience. His presentation was very clear and interactive. He answered questions that helped everyone get a clear focus on their career goals and the steps to take to achieve them. Rod is extremely enthusiastic and excited about his work. I would highly recommend him for future training.

• July 5, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Rod is tremendously helpful in providing insights, guidance and discipline regarding a job search, what he really gave me was a new perspective and empowerment. He had a great way of cutting through the noise and cueing me to come up with my own solutions to my problems, which is so much more helpful than just giving commands or setting goals that may or may not resonate. I can’t believe what a sense of freedom and excitement I now have…I looking forward to working with Rod and taking my career path to the next level!!

• July 6, 2012 at 11:27 am

Rod’s recommendations are many and well deserved. When I give a recommendation it is an extension of me, of my integrity.

In the end we all want results and that is what Rod Colon delivers, results. I challenge you to merely specifically tell Rod what it is you wish to achieve, and then buckle up because your results journey begins. Follow the course he sets for you, he will lead you to where you can lead yourself.

His system works it and Rod is not shy about telling you it works. If Rod were a superhero he would be Results Man.

The highest recommendation I can offer is to contact Rod because he is extremely approachable…networking is what he does.

Sincerely,
    Michael McLean

• Candise Stevens
    July 6, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Thank You to Mr. Colon who was 1 of 4 tactful speakers at a recently attended Career Seminar for your encouraging, straight forward and respectful approach to all that encompasses job seeking and career building.
    I hope others in or considering employment transitions take advantage of your quality services.

• July 7, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Rod Colon did an excellent job of communicating helpful information in his allotted time. The knowledge stayed with me past the event, and I have already applied much of it. He also went above and beyond our expectations, offering to help seminar attendees individually and inviting us to his network. I appreciate his effort, his zeal and enthusiasm for his career, and his encouragement to us to have the same mindset about our own crafts.

• July 10, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Details of the Recommendation: “Mr. Colon came to my church at the request of one of my fellow church members and, provided valuable information regarding job searching/career development. Mr. Colon is highly knowledgeable about networking and other job hunting/career development techniques which I am now learning is crucial in this current job market.I learned a lot that day during Mr. Colon’s presentation. I highly recommend Mr. Colon for anyone in need of job search/career development assistance.

Leave a Response