Readers Are Leaders – Book Library
Have you read a book that helped develop your career, networking or business opportunities? Share a book in comments area below.
- Reading Challenges You
- Reading Reminds You
- Reading Gives You Opportunities to Interact with Others – Read full article
In addition to networking, another foundations in successfully running your career as the CEO of ME, Inc. is reading. Below is the Empowering Today’s Professionals (ETP) carousel of suggested book readings, along with brief descriptions.
Suggested Reading Overviews
- Win the Race for 21st Century Jobs by Rod Colon, ETP Founder, entrepreneur, speaker, #1 United States coach specialized in the 7 Step Job Search. Put CEO Power into your job search and your career. Rod Colon shares the secrets learned in his 24 years as a Corporate HR Management Insider, Outside Agency Recruiter, Professional Networker, Career Coach, and Entrepreneur. From his extensive multi-faceted experience, he has developed a unique methodology — already used by thousands — to land jobs even in the most difficult economic times. Read sample chapters
- 10 Powerful Networking Secrets of Influential People (Kindle version only) by Carl E. Reid, ETP Executive Director, successful entrepreneur and social media expert. We think of a few select individuals as only having influence. The truth is everyone possesses the power to change things or make an impact without having prestige or wealth. This book will teach you how to carefully cultivate these “rainmaker” networking skills. Don’t have a Kindle reader? Click here to Get a free Kindle reader for your iPhone, Android smart phone, PC, Mac, iPad, Windows tablet etc.. Read more . . .
- Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales by Bob Burg – In this fully revised edition, Bob Burg builds on his proven relationship-building principles to bring even more clients to your door and helps you attract only those who are interested in what you sell. He shows how to maximize your daily contacts, utilize your tools both online and off, leverage your relationships, and generate ongoing sales opportunities. Read more . . .
- Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi and Tahl Raz. The secret, master networker Keith Ferrazzi claims, is in reaching out to other people. As Ferrazzi discovered early in life, what distinguishes highly successful people from everyone else is the way they use the power of relationships—so that everyone wins. Read more . . .
- The SPEED of Trust: The One Thing that Changes Everything. From Stephen R. Covey’s eldest son comes a revolutionary new path towards productivity and satisfaction. Trust, says Stephen M.R. Covey, is the very basis of the new global economy, and he shows how trust—and the speed at which it is established with clients, employees and constituents—is the essential ingredient for any high–performance, successful organization. Read more . . .
- The Power of Nice: How to Conquer the Business World With Kindness by Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Koval. Great lessons taught in this book reading how these successful business women moved to the top of the advertising industry by following a simple but powerful philosophy: it pays to be nice. Where so many companies encourage a dog eat dog mentality, the Kaplan Thaler Group has succeeded through chocolate and flowers. In The Power of Nice, through their own experiences and the stories of other people and businesses, they demonstrate why, contrary to conventional wisdom, nice people finish first. Read more . . .
- Networking Magic: Find the Best – from Doctors, Lawyers, and Accountants to Homes, Schools, and Jobs Rick Frishman and Jill Lublin – Forget networking of the 80s and 90s, which meant handing out business cards at stale “meet-and-greets.” Today’s networking can hook up a potential homeowner with the right house, a lonely single person with the right life partner and a working mother with the right childcare facilities for her child. Networking Magic teaches readers how to find the best: Medical professionals; Legal experts; Financial counselors; Personal care providers – from hairdressers to decorators; Schools, colleges and special programmes; Filled with resources, checklists and step-by-step instructions that readers can easily follow and apply, Networking Magic is a motivational reference that gives readers all the information they need to succeed. Read more . . .
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie – This book can change your life! Through Dale Carnegie’s six-million-copy bestseller recently revised, millions of people have been helped to overcome the worry hobbit. Dale Carnegie offers a set of practical formulas you can put to work today. It is fascinating to read and easy to apply. Let it change and improve you. There’s no need to live with worry and anxiety that keep you from enjoying a full, active and happy life! Read more . . .
- Knock-Out Networking! by Michael Goldberg – Boxing, like networking, is a contact sport. The more and better contacts you make, the more wildly successful you will be! But times are tough. If you re a sales rep, business owner, or job searcher you know firsthand that times are tough. The state of growing a business, making a sale, and landing a job ain‘t what it used to be. Just a few years ago, we did it all without websites, email, blogs, domain names, texting, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google pages. And yes, there was life before Facebook. Well, despite all that technology has allowed us to do, one thing hasn‘t changed. Those with the most contacts, best relationships, and greatest understanding of how to utilize them will succeed. Networking is the best way to make those contacts, develop those relationships, and achieve success. Bottom line! So if networking is so important, why don t more people network? Most people simply don t know how so they fear what might happen at a networking function, cocktail party, mixer, or business meeting. Have no fear! Knock-Out Networking! is here! Read more . . .
- Your Career: How to Make it Happen (with CD-ROM) Julie Levitt – Build bridges from classroom to career! Practical assignments throughout connect directly with the business community, employers and the Internet. This best-selling book provides everything needed to gain competitive advantage in the workplace. It is ideal for a course on Professional/Career Development, Job Search, Resume Writing, and Interviewing. YOUR CAREER provides thorough coverage of career self-assessment, employer research, job search/interviewing and career building strategies. The text also contains extensive instructions and examples of market-driven electronic, traditional, and Web resumes as well as cover letters. Read more . . .
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie – One of the best known motivational books in history: Since it was released in 1936, How to Win Friends and Influence People has sold more than 15 million copies. Carnegie’s first book is timeless and appeals equally to business audiences, self-help audiences, and general readers alike. Proven advice for success in life: Carnegie believed that most successes come from an ability to communicate effectively rather than from brilliant insights. His book teaches these skills by showing readers how to value others and make them feel appreciated rather than manipulated. Readers will learn how to get the job they want, improve the job they have, and make the best of any situation. Read more . . .
- How to Win Friends and Influence People in the Digital Age by Dale Carnegie & Associates – Mr. Carnegie’s time tested advice has carried millions upon millions of readers for more than seventy five years up the ladder of success in their business and personal lives. Now the first and best book of its kind has been rebooted to tame the complexities of the 21st century. Dale Carnegie’s commonsense approach to communicating has endured for a century, touching millions and millions of readers. The only diploma that hangs in Warren Buffett’s office is his certificate from Dale Carnegie Training. Lee Iacocca credits Carnegie for giving him the courage to speak in public. Dilbert creator Scott Adams called Carnegie’s teachings “life-changing.” To demonstrate the lasting relevancy of his tools, Dale Carnegie & Associates, Inc., has reimagined his prescriptions and his advice for our difficult digital age. We may communicate today with different tools and with greater speed, but Carnegie’s advice on how to communicate, lead, and work efficiently remains priceless across the ages. Read more . . .
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale – Millions have found fearless confidence, a life of radiant faith and vitality in THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING – the greatest inspirational book of our time. This all time best seller has been translated into 12 languages, parts of it reprinted in newspapers, pamphlets and magazines; recorded in the spoken word, and its theme adapted to discussions, seminars and lectures everywhere throughout the nation and the wor1d. What is the secret of this phenomenal success? The book teaches, not preaches; it shows by actual examples, and lets you share and participate in the great experience of positive thinking and faith.
- 10 Powerful Networking Tips Using Business Cards – Global Extended Edition eBook by Carl E. Reid – Whether you are new to networking or a seasoned power networker, this book focuses on leveraging the power of business cards. Learn how to avoid offending in a simple business card exchange with different cultures. Whether looking for a job or developing new business, this book will enhance your networking skills, which are crucial to surviving the current global business climate. Get a better understanding of which business card exchange techniques, which may be acceptable in American business settings, may offend in other cultural environments. Discover what business card etiquette is acceptable when traveling to Latin American or Asian countries. There is a bonus video included by the author, “How to Leverage Your Network in Challenging Times”. Want a FREE copy of Carl’s eBook? Click here and use code HR43G.
- How to REALLY use LinkedIn: Discover the true power of LinkedIn and how to leverage it for your business and career by Jan Vermeiren and Bert Verdonck. Get a FREE copy. LinkedIn is the largest professional network in the world. The majority of the users has 3 questions: “What’s in it for me?”, “I have a profile, now what?” and “How to get more results without spending a lot of time?” Book Reviews: The importance of having a great team is one of my Success Principles—a team including colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, and experts. How to REALLY use LinkedIn is your guide to find them—fast!– Jack Canfield, Co-author of The Success Principles™ and Co-Creator of the Chicken Soup for the Soul® series – How to REALLY use LinkedIn is a must-read for anyone who wants to grow their business through networking. Even if you’re already a member of a referral or network organization, Jan Vermeiren and Bert Verdonck offer powerful, advanced strategies for how LinkedIn can help you get even more out of your participation in those sites as well.” –Ivan Misner, NY Times Bestselling author and Founder of BNI
- I’m on LinkedIn–Now What???: A Guide to Getting the Most Out of LinkedIn by Jason Alba Regularly referred to as “the bible on LinkedIn” because it was one of the first LinkedIn books in print. At the present time, it is the only LinkedIn book in the third edition. This LinkedIn book is designed to help you get the most out of LinkedIn, which has become the most popular business networking site. It is one of “the big three” in the social networking space, along with Facebook and Twitter.
- Turn Small Talk into Big Deals: Using 4 Key Conversation Styles to Customize Your Networking Approach, Build Relationships, and Win More Clients by Don Gabor – Turn Small Talk into Big Deals presents a revolutionary new approach to the timeless topic of networking. Bestselling author and communications trainer Don Gabor introduces you to four distinct networking styles—Competitive, Outgoing, Amiable, and Analytical—to help you identify, adapt, and respond to other people’s particular styles. With this book, you’ll establish instant rapport with anyone you meet and quickly build a relationship that profits both of you.
Share a book that has helped you in the comments area below.